Monday, March 14, 2011

Life Lessons: It's all a balancing act

     There are days where I wonder if we'll ever find our flow. It seems as if the thing I love the most about homeschooling, freedom, is also the part that causes me the most grief. We don't have an exact schedule, and no two days look the same. Instead of a schedule, we fit in lessons around other social activities, field trips and events. The upside to this freedom is that we can have an impromptu day at a hidden zoo when we were only planning on a grocery store field trip followed by a picnic! (Here are some of the animals we got to visit, an owl and some turkeys)


 
The downside to our days is that they don't always feel completed. Nicholas is definitely a "to do " list kind of kid. He likes to know the day's plan and what needs to get done. Sydney is more of a "fly by the seat of her pants" kind of girl. She gets inspired and runs with it! I'm somewhere in the middle, and I am trying to find a balance that works for the both of them.
     I don't expect to find a regimen that works for us all the time. Just this week we've added in karate lessons and a science co-op! Our lives will remain a juggling act, a process, and I think we will all have some good days as well as some bad. But more importantly, I think we will learn through them all. 
 
Photobucket

No comments: