Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer vacation: Charleston, SC




This summer we were fortunate enough to vacation in one of the most historical cities in the U.S., Charleston, SC. Or Charles Towne as it was originally called. We spent 7 days soaking up the sun at Folly Beach, just a block away from our beach house, and soaking up history as well. I watched my son as he turned into a fish, never wanting to leave the water. I watched him grow up a little, allowing him to walk to the corner store by himself (I know, I know, I am a clingy mother). I saw my daughter create her own masterpieces, no matter what her surroundings she has to have her artistic outlet. I saw her become a student, curiosity peaked at every museum with her little hand in the air for questions and even sounding out her first word (FOOD, on a local grocery store). I learned so much in 7 days, about family and friends and life. Much of what I learned cannot be shared here, but I can say that I missed home and was happy to come back :)





Photobucket

No comments: